Hello. I have recently started gymming under the guidance of a personal trainer. Yesterday was my third session (mostly very lights weights and freestyle - no cardio since I'm quite skinny) and late at night I found a swelling / lump in my right groin. Th

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Be seen

I would not hesitate to be seen for it.
The combination of increased physical activity and a lump in the groin can be concerning for the development of a hernia, although there are multiple potential causes.

In brief: Be seen

I would not hesitate to be seen for it.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Edward Hellman
Dr. Julie Abbott
Preventive Medicine

In brief: ? new ?? not new

Many times a person finds "new things" on her body when something else is going on that focuses new attention there such as starting a workout program.This lump may have been there a long time.
It is most likely related to a previous or current skin infection in the vulvar/pelvic area. Make sure you don't have current signs of infection,apply moist heat, see doc if lump persists after 7-10 days.

In brief: ? new ?? not new

Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Julie Abbott
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine