I haven't been feeling myself lately. I have been feeling worthless, lonely, and I have thoughts of hurting myself. Do you think I have depression?

Dr. Hitendra Patel

In brief: Need Help ASAP

These are symptoms of depression.
And if you are having thought about hurting yourself, please call your doctor ASAP or even call 911 or go to nearest Emergency room and seek for immediate help.

In brief: Need Help ASAP

These are symptoms of depression.
Dr. Devon Webster
There are online hotlines for people who feel like you do. This shouldn't substitute for seeing a doctor as soon as possible, but it's another option for a help line when you're feeling really bad.
Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Maybe

.. but that is not the immediate question.
It is best to talk to someone right now if you've had thoughts of hurting yourself. Know that we care about you! If a friend or loved one is not nearby to talk to, please call 1 (800) 273-8255 and somebody will listen.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Suicide

1 (800) 273-8255 National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Hours: 24 hours, 7 days a week Languages: English, Spanish Website: www.
suicidepreventionlifeline.org ALL LIFE IS PRECIOUS. CALL THEM RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!!

In brief: Suicide

Dr. Eric Weisman