I deal with a lot of stress in my everyday life to the point I get knife stabbing pains in my head is this a serious matter what should I do?

Dr. K. Olson

In brief: Cluster headache

Headaches described as stabbing(ice-pick) can be due to cluster headaches.
Other associated symptoms include unilateral or one-sided tearing, eye redness, nasal drainage, and swelling. There are many triggers including stress, hot weather, allergies, alcohol, tobacco, watching tv. They can last two week to three months. Distinct from migraines - no throbbing, nausea, light/sound aversion, or aura.

In brief: Cluster headache

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Serious & Treatable

One place to start is writing down all the stresses in order of their severity , greatest to least.
Beside each write what you would like to see happen with each. Get a doctors evaluation for the stabbing pains to rule out medical causes. If there, get them treated. If not, begin at the bottom of the two columns & one by one find a way to achieve the goals you want for each, up and out of stress.

In brief: Serious & Treatable

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Vikram Patel