Checked it two times my BP is 142/100 and my foot and hand veins look swollen is that normal? do I need meds?

Dr. Tracy Berg
Surgery

In brief: Treat hypertension

Continue to keep a diary of your blood pressure.
You have hypertension and it should be treated with medication. Take diary to your regular doc, who will start you on meds. Hypertension also accelerated artery disease, so treatment helps both. A baby aspirin daily will help. Untreated your risk for heart attack and stroke go up. Take family with you and be well.

In brief: Treat hypertension

In brief: Veins on feet

In of itself, engorged veins on the hand and feet are not significant.
Your focus should be to get your systolic and diastolic blood pressure under control. I agree with keeping a log as you measure your blood pressure and your PMD can follow AHA guidelines to treat the hypertension by adding different classes of antihypertensive medications. Be well.

In brief: Veins on feet

Dr. Steven Seres