If i had two boils in my nose, this is the second yime its happened first time took a 7 day antibiotic to clear it up, now my whole top lip is swollen is this connected? What should i do im taking Claritin and benedryal but the pain is horrible

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: Lip swelling

Recurrent boils,generally due to staph, May need a course of a strong antistaphylococcal antibiotic for at least two weeks to completely eradicate all staphylococcus colonies on your skin. Infections on that area of the face are serious and must be treated and followed appropriately. The lip swelling is of concern.

In brief: Lip swelling

Dr. Michelle Huggins

In brief: This may be a

This may be a cod sore inwhich case, Abreva over the counter may help, otherwise you may need to have it evaluated

In brief: This may be a

Dr. Jack Hinkle