Suffered from severe ocd/health anxiety for 18 yrs. Scared of medication but natural remedies, therapy, exercise etc are not working. What to do?

Dr. Jane Velez
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Anxious fear meds

Many people with anxiety and OCD fear medication for no reason.
Ativan or Xanax (alprazolam) is the BEST help you can get, and will relax you, not kill you or make you feel weird! Have a friend hold your hand for half an hour after taking your first pill. I promise you will feel much more relaxed! See the book Hope and Help fort Your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes, "don't be bluffed by a thought!" she said!

In brief: Anxious fear meds

Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine