I have a hard bump on my jaw line that's been their for about a month or so now and gets bigger and then goes away and then grows back ?

Dr. Kevin Frey

In brief: More info needed.

To answer your question completely, you would need a detailed exam. Based on the features you described, I hypothesize that you are describing a lymph node.
These can change in size in response to infections. There aren't too many other things that would wax and wane in such a fashion. Best thing to do is keep an eye on it. If no improvement, follow up with your doc.

In brief: More info needed.

Dr. Kevin Frey
Dr. Kevin Frey
Dr. Sandor Woren
Yes, I certainly agree that this is in the differential diagnosis.
Dr. Sandor Woren
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Probably a B9 cyst

The fact that it gets bigger and then goes away is puzzling.
Malignant tumors don't go away by themselves, nor do benign tumors such as lipomas.A qualified health care provider should try to aspirate it (put a needle in and withdraw liquid). If successful, it will be of diagnostic, and probably therapeutic value.

In brief: Probably a B9 cyst

Dr. Sandor Woren
Dr. Sandor Woren
Dr. Crystal Twynham