Can I take probiotics and vitamins with Nexium (esomeprazole) in order to ensure my daily nutrients? I do NOT want to lack in anything. If yes, when should I take it

Dr. Randy Baker
Holistic Medicine

In brief: Yes, however...

Yes, this is wise because Nexium (esomeprazole) disrupts GI flora and reduces absorption of nutrients, esp.
minerals. I advise taking Nexium (esomeprazole) for a few months at the most. It treats symptoms but does not cure. Take probiotics at start of a meal after Nexium (esomeprazole) and a good m ultivitamin on empty stomach before. See www.naturalnews.com/036336_PPIs_acid_reflux_side_effects.htm and follow link to Chris Kresser's articles

In brief: Yes, however...

Dr. William Forsythe