MOM 3 days ago. Explosive loose stools 2 days ago. Now can't go. Increased fiber, water, and nothing is working going on 2 days with no stool. Help?

Dr. Bradford Romans

In brief: More info needed to

determine proper approach.
Going just by your limited story,I would add daily Miralax (polyethylene glycol) along with the fiber and a high fiber diet.As long as you R eating and drinking normally and in no discomfort,you could give the above regimen 1-2 weeks.Your next step is a work up by Gastroenterology.

In brief: More info needed to

determine proper approach.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Don't panic

When you had diarrhea, you emptied your bowel.
There is normally a transit time for the residual of your food to be excreted. You are re-establishing your transit time. Thus it's normal to have a few days with no movement after bowel emptying. You're doing the right things: plenty of fiber and good hydration by drinking water. Keep doing that & nature will take it course.

In brief: Don't panic

Dr. Arnon Rubin