Insomnia vs. Sleep Deprivation? I have periods off and on of little or no sleep, but I hear that being sleep deprived can kill? 19, f, anxiety/depres.

Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Insomnia is not

likely to kill anyone but it can make life very difficult.
Nature eventually takes over and you will sleep. Please see your doc. Ask about low dose melatonin, and natural sleep aid. Look at your lifestyle. Do you work shift work? Do you consume a lot of stimulants? Something on your mind that you can discuss w/someone? Peace and good health.

In brief: Insomnia is not

Dr. Marcie Berman
Sleep deprivation from insomnia can also intensify your feelings of anxiety and depression so figuring this problem out can help in all sorts of ways.