For a while now the sides of my throat have been very red and the doctor told me it was a viral infection. It has been a while and it is still red. ?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: How long is a while?

What do you mean by "a while"? If it's a few days, no problem -- it often takes a week or a little more for garden variety viral pharyngitis to clear up.
If pain or fever have lasted more than a week, or if you develop inflamed swollen lymph nodes, contact your doctor for further advice and maybe testing for things like strep or infectious mononucleosis (mono).

In brief: How long is a while?

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Corey Clay
or acid reflux or chronic non-infectious rhinitis etc
Dr. William Forsythe