How to deal with fluid in the lungs due to being intubated from general anesthesia? Lungs are raspy (weren't before I went under)

Dr. Que Chu
General Practice

In brief: Fluid in lungs ?

Fluid in the lungs happened immediately after general anesthesia usually indicates aspiration or pulmonary edema.
But I suspect you did not have these conditions. Raspy breathing maybe the result of intubation and it will resolved. If you condition persisted maybe it is worthwhile to check with your doc

In brief: Fluid in lungs ?

Dr. Que Chu
Dr. Que Chu
Dr. Edwin Perez
Pain Management

In brief: Do nothing

It will resolve on its own.
Keep using your incentive spirometer that they gave you after the surgery. The worst answer is do nothing but that what is needed in this case. This is of course assuming the two are related and that "raspy" does actually correspond with fluid which it may not.

In brief: Do nothing

It will resolve on its own.
Dr. Edwin Perez
Dr. Edwin Perez
Dr. Vikram Patel