I have livedo reticularis and pink patches on the front of my calves. 19. When I lay in bed, no veins appear. Why is there research on acne but not LR?

Dr. Susan Madonna

In brief: Livedo reticularis

LR may be a normal skin condition that is just more obvious when exposed to cold, or it may be a symptom associated with autoimmune disorders such as Lupus.
Your question was why is there more research done on acne. I suspect it is because there is more money to be made from acne treatment since acne is so common. It is obvious you find the LR disturbing. Consult a cosmetician for a cover-up.

In brief: Livedo reticularis

Dr. Susan Madonna
Dr. Susan Madonna
Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Uncommon

Until more doctors and researches have LR, the chance of research is small.
It is uncommon and so not well studied. But when the chosen few who do research have a disease (or their loved ones do) the topic is a lot closer to their heart and brains. Also, if no drug company has a treatment for it, little research will be done, as there will be no money in fixing it.

In brief: Uncommon

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Dr. Susan Rhoads