My foot sole hurts bad. What do I have to do?

Pain Treatment. Simple measures of treatment include resting (or staying off of) your feet, ice applications, anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen or naproxen, massages, and gentle stretches of the foot and ankle. Persistent pains require an evaluation by an appropriately trained provider such as a podiatrist, an orthopedic surgeon, or a physical medicine and rehabilitation physician.
Many poss. causes. There can be many causes to foot pain. A common cause of the bottom of the foot to hurt is a condition known as plantar fasciitis. This is an inflammation of the band of ligaments under the foot. Stretching with a towel, rolling the foot on a tennis ball, anti-inflammatory medications, and rest are all helpful. See your doctor to confirm the diagnosis and provide you with a treatment plan.