Hi I've never had braces before but I just got a retainer a week ago & my gap in between my two front teeth is getting bigger is this normal?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: No

Retainers are supposed to hold teeth stable, preventing movement.
Some types of removable appliances, easily mistaken for retainers, are designed to correct malpositioned teeth. If the Dentist who made your appliance finds that appliance adjustment does not rectify the situation, seek reevaluation by a specialist Orthodontist.

In brief: No

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman

In brief: Palatal Expander ?

Retainers are fabricated after treatment is completed, yet you posted that you haven't had treatment yet.
.. very confusing. Please speak to your orthodontist about your concerns.

In brief: Palatal Expander ?

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Fix retainer

If you are wearing your retainer and your teeth still move, ask you orthodontist or dentist for fix retainer. Do not delay and report it to your orthodontist.
Good luck.

In brief: Fix retainer

Good luck.
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Marsha Davis