I've had GIRD for years & recent diag. w/ Barretts. I just awoke w/ terrific acid reflux burning in throat, red blood in spit.& burning in rt chest. ?

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: See your doctor.

it is not normal to have blood in your saliva or to have the new onset of right-sided chest pain despite presumed treatment for your chronic Gerd.
Because of the acute change in symptoms, I would see your doctor or a gastroenterologist as soon as you can. I would see them soon, but in the meantime I would add in in chewable antacids such as Tums (calcium carbonate). Good luck.

In brief: See your doctor.

Dr. Peter Kurzweil