My blood pressure has been reading 145/90 but in the morning when I wake up it is around 109/65. Should I be alarmed?

Dr. Liviu Klein
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Hypertension
This could bd a sign of hypertension.
While it is normal for blood pressure to vary throughout the day, consistent values of greater than 140/90 mmhg are a sign of hypertension. If these are true values, you should see your primary care physician to discuss treatment options.

In brief: Hypertension
This could bd a sign of hypertension.
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Liviu Klein
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Clinical Lipidology
In brief: 145 over 90 is high
No matter what the cause of high blood pressur, the impact on the body long term is the same.
It would be good to examine why your normal morning BP gets high. I.E stress, diet, caffeine, etc. This needs evaluation and intervention for long term benefit. In the short term it is no major consequence.

In brief: 145 over 90 is high
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Dr. Nassir Azimi
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology