I'm an 18 year old female. I want to know if black lumps in the stool could indicate colon cancer. Is that how blood from colon cancer looks?

Dr. Brad Goldenberg

In brief: Black stool

Blood in the stool, if not fresh, tends to look dark, black, and tests positive with hematest reagent.
Colon cancer is a much more involved diagnosis that is usually made with the appropriate biopsy, and a host of signs and symptoms such as failure to thrive, cachexia, poor appetite, weight loss, and declining health in general... Black stools only potentially indicates blood in the stool

In brief: Black stool

Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Dr. Shontae Buffington