I eat healthy and exercise and can't get rid of belly fat. Ideas?

Garrett Caldwell

In brief: Weight Loss

I applaud you for eating healthy, for that is a great start.
Be sure that in addition to healthy foods you are practicing portion control. Also, change up the types of exercise you are doing to lose weight. Cardio (running, biking, swimming) will help burn some fat while you exercise, but make sure to build muscle too. Muscle burns fat for energy at rest, and glucose for energy during exercise.

In brief: Weight Loss

Garrett Caldwell
Garrett Caldwell
Answer assisted by Garrett Caldwell, Medical Student
Dr. Daniel Kessler

In brief: Resubmit

Give us example of what you mean by healthy eating.
Also what do you drink? Do you sleep ok as poor sleep is also associated with weight gain. Lastly, have you had labs? There are many possibilities for central weight gain.

In brief: Resubmit

Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Daniel Kessler
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine