I rinse my nostril 2 times a day with salty water for drainage will this cause infection.?

Dr. Luis Villaplana
In brief: Distilled please
That's fine but there has been several cases of brain eating amoeba deaths in patients using nedi pots for sinus/ nose flushing with tap water. Make sure you use nothing but distilled, not tap water.

In brief: Distilled please
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Dr. Shawn Kosnik
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: No
Using salty water or "saline" will not cause an infection as long as you use fresh saline and regularly clean the dispensing bottle.

In brief: No
Dr. Shawn Kosnik
Dr. Shawn Kosnik
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
In brief: No
Be sure that the saline solution is prepared in a steryl fassion and replaced regularly.
If you do not use it for a few weeks then pour it out and start fresh. Boil some water for a few minutes and then add salt. Use this to rinse. You can also buy steryl saline at the pharmacy or market.

In brief: No
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. Jeffrey Barke
Dr. William Forsythe