I'm having bad allergies especially a runny nose, i took zyrtec about 5 hours ago and its not helping. Can I take benadryl (diphenhydramine) now?

Dr. Bahman Omrani
Pain Management

In brief: Rhinorrhea Ddx

One of the most common cause of a runny nose (rhinorrhea) is allergies or allergic rhinitis.
Zyrtec works better when taken prior to the onset of the anticipated allergic symptoms. As long as there are no contraindication taking a benadryl (diphenhydramine) may not be a bad idea. See your doctor to make sure this is due to allergies and not something else.

In brief: Rhinorrhea Ddx

Dr. Vicken Poochikian