What does mean when they can't find the fetures heart beat?

Two possibilities. Either one the pregnancy is going to be fine and it's just too early to detect it with that particular ultrasound. In that case, the heartbeat should definitely be detectable in a few weeks. Two there might be something wrong with the pregnancy (either a miscarriage or ectopic).
Not good news. We should be able to detect the cardiac activity of the fetus by 5-6 weeks after a missed period with modern ultrasound equipment. No heart tones are the definition of pregnancy loss if they were previously there - or just a normal state before 5-6 weeks.
Depends on age. That depends, sometimes the fetus just isn't in a good position to hear the heartbeat. Sometimes the heartbeat can be detected as early as 9-10 weeks, but other times it can be normal not to hear it until 12- 14 weeks. If it was heard for a while, then your doctor can't hear it, they will usually send you for an ultrasound to take a look at the baby's position.