Hi Dr I was diagnosed of hematometra of about 312mls. My Doctor prescribed evacuation which was done. Ultrasound after two weeks showed the same ?

Dr. Ricardo Estape
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: Tough Case

This can be a tough case due to all the causes of hematometra.
The treatment is different if you have never had periods before and are very young. If you were having periods, then another evacuation with dilate ruin of cervix and possible placement of a tube to keep cervix open for a while is needed. Also, this can be associated with other uterine defects and needs to be worked up by a skilled GYN

In brief: Tough Case

Dr. Wayne Ingram

In brief: Hematometra still?

If the hematometra still is present by ultrasound then I hope the MD who evacuated it the first time has been told by the ultrasound examiner. Was the original blood material sent to a Pathologist to determine its' content? If not, then a sample of the material contained in the uterus today should be sent to the Pathologist for analysis.

In brief: Hematometra still?

Dr. Adam Levy