Are genital warts for life? I heard that HPV isn't forever. But have also heard it is, which is true?

Genital Warts. These type of warts are caused by certain subtypes of the human papilloma virus commonly referred to as hpv and are carried for life. This does not mean visible warts will always be present and they are treatable. The main thing to be aware of is the need for close screening of females with regular pap smears and for males to watch for any new lesion on the penis that may or may not resemble warts.
Genital warts. There is no single effective cure for removal of genital warts. A number of treatment options exist; however, no treatment is 100% effective in eliminating warts and preventing them from coming back in all patients. It also is not possible to eliminate infection with human papillomavirus once it has occurred. Genital warts may go away on their own in about 10%-20% of people in 3 months.