Acute anxiety and panic attacks bringing on severe phobias, is this normal ?

Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Therapy

In addition to medication, I would suggest finding a local psychotherapist who is very reputable, and specializes in dealing with anxiety.
Panic attacks and anxiety are very common phenomena that are encountered in psychology practices. Psychotherapy can benefit you greatlyin controlling anxiety. This would also apply to panic attacks. Medications by themselves usually are not optimal for anxiety.

In brief: Therapy

Dr. Alan Ali

In brief: Panic

Attacks can be brought under control & the anxiety into recovery stage, with cognitive behavior therapy, life style changes, and medications for symptomatic control.

In brief: Panic

Dr. Eric Weisman