I've had rsi for 7yrs. I have pain & tightness with movement in upper arms/shoulders & recurring carpal tunnel symptoms.Will I heal eventually?

Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Possibly

Rsi or repetitive stress needs to be treated comprehensively, that is you need to focus globally i.
E not just on specific components of the rsi like cts but on overall use of your body, everything from neck and shoulder posture, sitting positions, breathing and stress relief etc.. And not just at work, also at home, when driving, hobbies, sports etc.. Phase 1 is improvement, phase 2 prevention.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Reflex Sympathetic

Reflex sympathetic dystrophy is part of a category of complex regional pain syndrome type 1.
It can resolve but as with your experience it can last for years. For best results it should be treated early. Delay can lead to tissue atrophy and tightness in the tissue due to contractures. This may be where you are. Evaluation, testing, exercise programs and medication are part of the therapy.

In brief: Reflex Sympathetic

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Eric Weisman