Should I wear my nearsighted glasses for reading and looking at computer? My prescription is -1.75 rt eye, -.75 left eye. Will it make vision worse?

Dr. Erin Robertson
General Practice

In brief: Q1: no. Q2: maybe.

If you are "nearsighted," that means you need your glasses for distance, like for driving, but not reading.
Conversely, if you are "farsighted" you need your glasses for up-close vision, like reading but not driving. Using your distance lenses for reading will stress your eyes, and may leave you with a headache and even some mild fatigue. Make sure your prescription is current.

In brief: Q1: no. Q2: maybe.

Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Erin Robertson
Dr. Hussain Elhalis
Ophthalmology

In brief: Glasses

Decide based on your comfort with either option.
If you feel like you need the glasses to see better up close then wear them. Otherwise, don't. Take care.

In brief: Glasses

Dr. Hussain Elhalis
Dr. Hussain Elhalis
Dr. Jack Hinkle