How likely is going from a partial knee replacement to a full knee replacement?

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

A properly done partial knee replacement on the correct patient can last 20 or more years.
When the plastic wears down, you can replace just the plastic or if the other compartment has worn down, you may need to replace the partial with a total knee. I recommend you look into makoplasty partial knee replacement. You can see the surgery on my website at www.Roboticknee md.Com.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Frederick Buechel, jr. md
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Varies

Partial knee replacements have a higher rate of loosening than total knee replacements.
They sometimes require conversion to a total knee replacement. Most of the time, however, partial knee replacements last for many years.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Dr. Vicken Poochikian