How can I wake up early in winter? I don't have a fixed routine, and now im always late in winter! :(

Saurabh Bajpai
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Go to bed early

If you are not getting enough sleep, the best thing to do would be to go to sleep early.
You can make your bedroom just for sleeping, keep it quite, cool and dark. Also we also tend to not get enough vit d during winter months and that could be an issue. Set an appointment with your pcp to see if there is any underlying cause for you not waking up.

In brief: Go to bed early

Saurabh Bajpai
Saurabh Bajpai
Answer assisted by Saurabh Bajpai, Medical Student
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: Go to bed early

Have a good sleep hygiene and same eating and sleeping time daily routine.
If needed use alarm daily to wake yourself including days off and have same sleep time so biological clock gets adjusted. It may take few months to work so don't get disappointed if you don't see major change right away.

In brief: Go to bed early

Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. Kirankumar Viramgama
Dr. Jack Hinkle