How do I know if im having my period or a miscarriage? I started "my period" around the time I was supposed to

Pathology
In brief: No telling.
There's reason to think that some late periods are early losses of a pregnancy, probably because the embryo for whatever reason isn't viable.
There's basically no way to tell, and no one has really looked closely at this. If you think you may have lost a hoped-for child, you have my sympathy and my encouragement to keep trying. Good luck.

In brief: No telling.
There are no guarantees in life. But if you love children, you will either be a mother yourself, or have opportunities (as I have had) to be a true helper to the neglected and mistreated young people in your own community. You cannot lose. Good luck.
Dr. Jane Van Dis