My arm creaks when I make a fist?

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Tendinitis

"intersection syndrome" is a form of tendinitis (actually "tenosynovitis") of the wrist and thumb tendons located on the back side of the wrist just above the joint.
This makes a very stereotypical "creaking" sound as you move your wrist. Arthritis can make a crunchy-like sound/sensation at a joint.

In brief: Tendinitis

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Noises

If it doesn't hurt but makes a noise it is most likely a vaccuum phenomenon in a joint.
This is normal. No harm will come from cracking your joints unless you do it against a concrete wall.

In brief: Noises

Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Jeffrey Miller
Dr. Robert Gluck
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Needs to be checked

I'm assuming you mean your wrist and if so this could represent an unrealized ligament injury to the wrist that creates instability of the bones causing "creaking" or possibly an undiagnosed fracture.
These possibilities need to be checked out. Best of luck.

In brief: Needs to be checked

Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Robert Gluck
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Normal

Craking of the joint most likey normal it happen when try to move your joints have not move for a while, some people make it a habit to crack there jiont, i would not recomend that.
Some could a sign of arthitis of the jionts.

In brief: Normal

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Steven Seres