I have red soft bump on my gum where your wisdom teeth would grow. Mine haven't grown in yet. It doesn't hurt unless I bite down. Help? (Female, 16)

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See your dentist

Sometimes wisdom teeth are valuable asset when healthy and properly aligned, but more often, they are misaligned and require removal.
The removal of wisdom teeth is one of the most common procedures at ages 15-24. See your dentist for evaluation and x-rays.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin

In brief: See your dentist

Go to the dentist and have the dentist radiograph all four wisdom teeth to make sure that they are coming in correctly and there is adequate room. It sounds like you have an emerging wisdom tooth, which can be painful.
Get it checked out.

In brief: See your dentist

Get it checked out.
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Debra Rosenblatt
Dr. Jane Van Dis