I have this cough when I cough I extract chunks of mucus , I don't have cold symptoms anymore but yet the cough and mucus is still there. I'm worried.

Dr. Zachary Veres

In brief: Cough

Rule out pneumonia and get a chest xray.
U may need antibiotics. See your physician

In brief: Cough

Dr. Zachary Veres
Dr. Zachary Veres
Dr. Fahad Waqar

In brief: It is often normal

Cough with intermittent mucus can last for 2-3 weeks and sometimes longer after a viral cold.
It is normal in many individuals, young and elderly. There is no need to be concerned unless these symptoms last for over 6 weeks after other symptoms including fever have resolved, in which case a primary care physician can be consulted for further work up of unusual infections.

In brief: It is often normal

Dr. Fahad Waqar
Dr. Fahad Waqar
Dr. Keegan Duchicela