H attack and stroke 11 months ago, 1 DES in LAD, took Plavix (clopidogrel) all the time & Aspirin for 3,5 months. Can Plavix (clopidogrel) be substituted with Eliquis?

Dr. Mark Lubienski
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: Data still coming in

To date most information favors Eliquis over Plavix (clopidogrel) in several studies mainly having to do with atrial fibrillation.
Data on your particular situation is not really available yet partly because we have to test Eliquis with DES to see if there are any problems. Keep watching as I am sure if Eliquis proves out you may be able to switch in future

In brief: Data still coming in

Dr. Mark Lubienski
Dr. Mark Lubienski