My 8th mnt daughter has skin rashes on head,elbows,knee,bumps,cheeks,neck,arm.her dad has psoriasis..cud it be d same n is it serious?using cetaphil.

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Itchy?

At this young age, I would be more suspicious of eczema (atopic dermatitis) which may be linked to food allergies as well as airborne allergens.
If these rash itch, then eczema is more likely. If you are using Cetaphil lotion, be sure to use it regularly and apply it within 3 mins after bathing. Talk to your pediatrician. A discussion of eczema can be found elsewhere.

In brief: Itchy?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu