I just received a pneumonia immunization as part of a physical exam and the doctor recommended a shingles vaccine. How soon can I get that vaccine?

Dr. Le Wang

In brief: Now

According to CDC guideline, you should be able to get shingle vaccine now as long as you do not have active shingle rashes.
In addition, if two vaccines are administered in one visit or closely, a different site for injection is preferred if possible.

In brief: Now

Dr. Le Wang
Dr. Le Wang
Dr. Marino Tavarez

In brief: 4 weeks apart:

"In a randomized clinical study, a reduced immune response to Zostavax as measured by gpELISA was observed in individuals who received concurrent administration of Pneumovax 23 and Zostavax".
"It may be better to get these 4 weeks apart:"

In brief: 4 weeks apart:

Dr. Marino Tavarez
Dr. Marino Tavarez