Gave up diet soda and have IBS and Gerd. Am On 60 mg dexilant (dexlansoprazole) . Can I get heartburn from drinking iced tea? And I take my pill at night .

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: GERD

Good for you for giving up diet sodas! It is possible to have worse reflux from iced tea, but it is usually from the caffeine in the tea.
If you're drinking caffeine free tea, it usually does not make GERD worse. As for the DexIlant, (dexlansoprazole) is best to take it 20 to 30 minutes before a meal. I would not recommend taking it at bedtime. Good luck.

In brief: GERD

Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Andrew Seibert
Dr. Peter Kurzweil