I get heart palpitations from time to time and also get pins and needles in my arms and hands im only 22 what could this be?

Dr. Irv Loh
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Probably not serious

Although these symptoms may be due to real disease processes, the constellation of these associated symptoms in a 22 year old raise the spectre of hyperventilation syndrome, a benign situation with the rapid heart rate and tingling due to the physiologic and biochemical changes in the body induced by Adrenalin and elevation of the pH by overbreathing.
To be safe, talk to your doctor.

In brief: Probably not serious

To be safe, talk to your doctor.
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Irv Loh
Dr. Loh is giving you VERY good advice. ]
Dr. Barton Cook
Pediatrics - Cardiology

In brief: Hyperventilation?

Heart palpitations are common, and often benign.
The tingling in your arms and hands may be a result of hyperventilation from anxiety. I would recommend you see your doctor for a checkup.

In brief: Hyperventilation?

Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology