I have a big bruise on my butt. How long after getting bruised til ddimer results go back down? How much would bruise affect the results?

Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: A guess...

If normal renal function, varying figures for the half-life of fibrin split products are published, including D-dimer (6hr-48hr).
Normally, I would question whether bruising alone results in a detectable elevation in D-dimer. Fortunately, the test is commonly used to rule-OUT emergent problems (negative test) and so it could still be used clinically. Given the propensity for vessel damage with ..

In brief: A guess...

Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
... Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, I wouldn't be surprised to find that your D-dimer is persistently mildly elevated.