I'm taking effexor (venlafaxine) 150mg and Lamictal 200mg. I'm worried about my low energy. Can these drugs cause hepatotoxicity and which are the symptoms?

Dr. Paul Pyles
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Talk to your doctor

This is a good combination of medication.
These meds are usually well-tolerated. Talk to your doctor about the risks, benefits and side effects of your treatment. If needed, your doctor can order tests to monitor your liver. We look for a yellow coloration to the white part of the eye or yellowing of the skin (jaundice) which suggests liver injury or disease. Talk to your doctor. Best wishes!

In brief: Talk to your doctor

Dr. Paul Pyles
Dr. Paul Pyles
Dr. Eric Weisman