I worked out for the first time this past week (3 times), today my foot feels tingling and a bit numb, and my back aches. Is it from the workout?

Dr. David Laha
Podiatry

In brief: Probably overuse

Anytime you stress the body after periods of inactivity, you can overuse certain structures, ie: muscles, tendons, ligaments.
This can lead to irritation and inflammation. Whenever starting a new physical activity, gradually increase how much you do each session. Light stretching before and after is helpful. Right now, rest, stretching, poss. antiinflammatories and possibly ice may help. Dr L

In brief: Probably overuse

Dr. David Laha
Dr. David Laha
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry

In brief: Sounds like it

you may have a pinched nerve in your back

In brief: Sounds like it

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry

In brief: Pushing too hard.

I think you got it right.
You might want to hold back until the symptoms stop. Try asking a fitness expert how to approach the exercise routine so as not to cause further damage.

In brief: Pushing too hard.

I think you got it right.
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Scott Keith
Dr. Eric Weisman