I sprained my ankle weeks ago and was put in an air cast. But still now it hurts when I point my toes. The front of the ankle between bones?

Dr. Cynthia Rector

In brief: Slow healing

Ankle sprains can take weeks to heal.
It is possible that you are still healing.

In brief: Slow healing

Ankle sprains can take weeks to heal.
Dr. Cynthia Rector
Dr. Cynthia Rector
Dr. John Feola

In brief: R/O METATARSALGIA

METATARSALGIA is the pain in the bones on the top of the foot.
,the air cast for the ankle sprain may have inflamed them. Flow up with your Doctor to get repeat X-rays and potentially an MRI to better define the anTomy and evLuate for stress fracture. You also should have labs checked TFTS/VitD / B12/Folate. Topical voltaren (diclofenac) gel and tramadol are helpful as well as pt. If symptoms persist ORTHO eval

In brief: R/O METATARSALGIA

Dr. John Feola
Dr. John Feola
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine