Tach during sleep nightly, shaky, shivering, nervous feeling in chest, headache. Wakes me up. Go to emerg, attack over. What doc should I see?

Dr. Cynthia Rector

In brief: Primary Care/Psych

If you had an evaluation in the ER and there was no cardiac problems, I would start with your Primary Care Physician.
He/She can screen for metabolic problems that can cause these symptoms. If they keep happening and your tests are negative, they may be panic attacks which may lead to a Psychiatric referral. A good therapist may also be able to teach you some techniques to deal with panic attack

In brief: Primary Care/Psych

Dr. Cynthia Rector
Dr. Cynthia Rector
Dr. Eric Weisman