What is the difference between a binge eating disorder (BED) and compulsive overeating?

Pattern of eating. While binge eating disorder and compulsive overeating both use food,to deal with emotional issues, they do,so in different ways. The binge eater overeats periodically, but at these times eats very large quantities of,food. A person that eats compulsively may overeat regularly in an effort to manage and tolerate feelings. The quantity at any time is less, but it is a more regular eating pattern.