I just finished working in the rain and cold. Ive been shivering a lot and have a slight head ache. Am I sick or is something wrong with me?

Dr. Venkata Vallury

In brief: Effects of cold

Your teeth chatter, your body shivers and despite all efforts, you can’t prevent it.
The tiny hair on your body stand upright and try desperately to function as an insulating fur. Your skin looks bloodless and feels cold. All these reactions are an attempt by your body to preserve heat, although not a very successful one. Humans are well equipped to lose heat, but are less efficient in retaining .

In brief: Effects of cold

Dr. Venkata Vallury
Dr. Venkata Vallury
Dr. Eric Weisman