After I move my bowels I must wipe like 50 times with a wipe to get my anus clean. Why is this? My anus then gets sore and I see specs of blood on tp

Dr. Joseph Girone

In brief: Stop rubbing

The blood represents irritation that can occur even with 3 ply toilet tissue, so less would be even more irritating.
Thankfully, wipes were developed that can assist our need for perfectly clean butts that in the older times were more readily left dirty, giving rise to "skid marks". If the obsession is pathologic, expressed in other cleansing frenzies, a true neurosis (OCD) could be lurking.

In brief: Stop rubbing

Dr. Joseph Girone
Dr. Joseph Girone
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Annoying

This must be very annoying.
Have your doc check it out and discuss sigmoidoscopy also. This may tell more about your symptoms.

In brief: Annoying

This must be very annoying.
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Dr. Zoltan Saary
You may also try to - after wiping yourself with toilette papers - sit in your bathtab and clean yourself gently with lukewarm water for a minute or two. Than use a clean towel dry yourself gently and apply some OTC Neosporin ointment to the anal area. Do this daily for a while, however if the symptoms continue you must see a specialist in that area (like a GE, or a colorectal spec.-t)
Dr. Marsha Davis