If I took two 5/500 Vicodin 4 hours ago for back pain, can I take two Tylenol (acetaminophen) pm to help me sleep?

Dr. Susan Rhoads

In brief: Not yet

You should wait 6 hours after the Vicodin before taking 2 Tylenol (acetaminophen).
Look at the bottle of tylenol (acetaminophen) and follow the instructions for how often and how many mg at a time you should take it.

In brief: Not yet

2 comments
Dr. Mary David
Vicodin contains Tylenol so it is advisable to be cautious with the combination. Alec's pm or Advil pm would be safer for most people.
Dr. Mary David
Vicodin contains Tylenol and you have to watch out for Tylenol toxicity. Advil pm or Aleve pm, or plain benedryl could be safer. Discuss this with your doctor
Dr. Vikram Patel