How many calories I should be eating a day to lose weight.I'm 20 years old a female. I weigh 136.5 pounds and 5'4.Working out everyday?

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Depends

It all depends on how much you expend in activities.
Do realize also that if your muscles start to bulk up, you may weigh slightly more even though you may be losing fat. Most people can do ok with 2000 cal/day but if your activities demand more, then you will need to eat more and vice versa. I do think weight training is more effective than simply aerobic exercise in weight reduction.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
You have a BMI of 23.3 which is normal for the height and weight. Why do you want to loose weight? The most important is not to go over 24.9, then you fall into over weight. Normal BMI range is 18.9-24.9, which is fantastic for you. Keep that way .
Dr. Adam Levy