I dislocated my shoulder while playing handball (popular sport in Europe), as soon as the shoulder popped out I've put it back in the socket myself and finished the game with little discomfort. Few hours after dislocation I've started to feel pain and we

Dr. Corey Clay
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Question cut off

However, its important that healing occurs appropriately.
Depending on the severity, you may need a brace. Pain can be from inflammation alone caused by ligament/muscle stretching and tearing. If the last part of the question has to do with weakness, then it is more urgent that a physician examines the shoulder. Nerve damage can be very difficult to recover from.

In brief: Question cut off

Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. Corey Clay
Dr. James Kayvanfar
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Orthopedic eval

I young patients such as you, shoulder dislocations are associated with a high likelihood of a labral cartilage injury which may result in instability and recurrent dislocations.
You should see an orthopedic surgeon for an examination and will probably need an MRI to evaluate the extent of the injury.

In brief: Orthopedic eval

Dr. James Kayvanfar
Dr. James Kayvanfar
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine