I recently got to know that I am vitamin d deficient and its 25. I have been very high dosage of vit d3. How long will it take me to recover completly?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: 6-8 weeks

It usually takes 6-8 weeks to replace your stores, but that can vary a lot person to person depending on how well your body absorbs the supplement.
Recommend also try to get in sun (use your sunscreen though) to help produce natural vitamin d. Also, even when your stores are filled back up, you have ongoing needs for the vitamin, so just don't stop cold turkey with supplementation.

In brief: 6-8 weeks

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. David Sneid
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Depends

High doses are not required.
A daily dose of 2000 units of vitamin d3 is all that is necessary. Since it's fat soluble it will take about 3 mos to reach proper levels. Higher doses can get there faster, but then you have to back off to the lower replacement doses to avoid potentially toxic levels.

In brief: Depends

High doses are not required.
Dr. David Sneid
Dr. David Sneid
Dr. Andrea Brand